Every summer Siri Ydstie from Oslo Magedanssenter arranges a summer show. Both students and teachers are performing, and the dance styles this time ranged from Raqs Sharqi to Bollywood.
Anne, Miriam and Jorunn from Oslo Tribal Bellydance School performed to “Running in the Alleys” by Mizna. All improvised American Tribal Style® bellydance.
Photos: Cathrine Ydstie, Svitlana Punharova and OTBS
Oslo Tribal Bellydance School represented by Anne, Miriam and Jorunn, improvising at Oslo Magedanssenter.
Thank you so much to my wonderful American Tribal Style® bellydance students, Anne Innes and Tribal Comets for the beautiful dancing. :)
Oslo Bellydance Festival is an annual event which has been drawing crowds since 2001, organized by Oslo Bellydance Studio.
There will be a gala show in Oslo Concert Hall on friday 1 April, hafla on saturday 2 April and different dance workshops during the weekend.
This year’s international guest star is ANASMA from New York. Jorunn from Oslo Tribal Bellydance School is performing at the gala show and will give an intro course to ATS on sunday.
For workshops, go to schedule, for info about the teachers, go to instructors, for info on the show, go to performers.
Oslo Tribal Bellydance School welcome friends, relatives and fans of Tribal Bellydance to the end of term Winter Hafla.
- Time: Monday 21 March 20:00-20:30, doors open at 19:45
- Location: Oslo Magedanssenter, Karl Johans gate 17
- Emilie Ahlberg leading the welcoming Puja
Song: “Singing Om” by George Harrison
- Slow and fast ATS by all students
Song: “Magreb” by Helm
- ATS guest troupe: Tribal Comets
Song: “Ya Fatin al-Ghizlan” by DoulA
- Tribal Fusion solo by Anne Innes
Choreography: Elin Kåven
Song: “Cybele (The Neo Tribal Mix)” by Solace
- ATS solo by Jorunn Sjølli
Song: “Suhaila” by Domba
- Slow and fast ATS by all students
Song: “Eyes like cats” by Solace
Jorunn dancing at Balkan Beat Party at Parkteatret in Oslo 24 April. Thank you Shireen for organizing a fun dance show!
My excellent dance students in action at Oslo Tribal Bellydance School’s Easter Hafla 2010.
Improvising for over 20 minutes in duos, trios and quartets + chorus. Good work, ladies! Thank you so much Anne Siri for taking pictures. Read the full program here.
Students of Oslo Tribal Bellydance School welcome friends, relatives and fans of Tribal Bellydance to the Easter Hafla end of term show.
Be ready for beautiful music, colourful costumes, improvised American Tribal Style bellydance, finger cymbals in high and low frequencies coming from outer space, giggling and lots of fun. Tribal Bazar with costumes and jewelry from OTBS Shop.
- Time: Monday 22 March 20:00-20:25, doors open 19:45
- Location: Studio Orient, Arbeidergata 4
1. Puja with all students
Song: “Butterfly”, Christopher of the Wolves
2. Slow ATS with students of Level 2 Basic Tribal Combinations
Song: “Khawatem”, Upper Egypt Ensemble
3. Fast ATS with students of Level 1 Tribal Fundamentals
Song: “Procession”, Suhaila Salimpour
4. Jorunn dancing solo with her own choreography, Tribal Troopers Style
Song: “Dum Maro Dum”, Bollywood Funk
5. Slow ATS with students of Level 1 Tribal Fundamentals
Song: “Il Hawa Ghallab”, Helm
6. Fast ATS with students of Level 2 Basic Tribal Combinations
Song: “Rima Bari”, Domba
7. Kajsa, Hilde, Silje and Jorunn dancing a choreography by Jenny Lovise Staurset, Tribal Troopers Style
Song: “Awal”, Transglobal Underground
8. Fast ATS with all students
Song: “Dayate Maali”, Helm
My precious dance students and me in action at Studio Orient’s end of term show December 2009! Thank you Guri for the beautiful photos.