Jorunn Sjølli is a FatChanceBellyDance® Sister Studio* and the founder of Oslo Tribal Bellydance School. She has trained in ballett, modern, jazz, ballroom and bellydance, until she discovered American Tribal Style® bellydance in 2002.
Jorunn Sjølli is the first person in Scandinavia accepted into Carolena Nericcio’s intensive Teacher Training Course. In 2009 Jorunn received her teaching accreditation in the highly regarded FatChanceBellyDance® (FCBD®) format. Jorunn has studied with Carolena Nericcio from FatChanceBellyDance® since 2006 including completing the General Skills for ATS® Certificate with Carolena in 2009. Jorunn re-took General Skills in 2012.
Jorunn Sjølli er en av pionerene innen American Tribal Style® magedans i Skandinavia og har studert denne dansstilen i over 10 år hos de ypperste utøverne i verden. I 2009 begynte hun å holde ukentlige kurs og er kjent for å skape en humoristisk og trygg atmosfære, med rom for å vokse individuelt ved å danse sammen med andre.
Jorunn holds weekly ATS classes in Oslo and is actively booking workshops for 2015. For inquiries, please send an email to email@example.com. Private instruction is available.
Training & Certification
- Jenny Lovise Staurset (2001-present)
- Mimi Fontana of Manhattan Tribal (2015)
- Jesse Stanbridge of FatChanceBellyDance® (2015)
- Kajira Djoumahna of Black Sheep Bellydance (2015)
- Liz Malcolm and DeAnna Lawman of Devyani Dance Company (2015)
- Elisabeth Fish, Tamarind (2015)
- Marsha Poulin of FatChanceBellyDance® (2015)
- Devi Mamak of Ghawazi Caravan (2014, 2012, 2011, 2010)
- Kristine Adams (2014)
- Helene Eriksen (2014, 2006)
- Carolena Nericcio of FCBD® (2013, 2012, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2006)
- Mira Betz (2013)
- Rachel Brice (2013)
- Heather Stants (2013)
- Ashley Lopez (2013)
- Wendy Marlatt (2013)
- Sabriye Tekbilek (2013, 2006)
- Megha Gavin of Devyani Dance Company (2012, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2006)
- Miriam Peretz (2012)
- Wendy Allen of FCBD® (2011)
- Sandi Ball of FCBD® (2011)
- Ulla Edenmark (2004)
- Josephine Wise (2002)
*Sister Studios are graduates of General Skills for ATS®, ATS® Teacher Training. These teachers are dedicated to presenting ATS® as created and developed by FatChanceBellyDance® Director and Master Teacher Carolena Nericcio. Sister Studios do not blend ATS® with other styles of dance, tribal or otherwise. They present ATS® only, or clearly separate ATS® from the other styles of dance they are presenting. Our goal is that you, the student, should be able to attend an FCBD® ATS® class anywhere in the world and receive consistent, quality instruction.